Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Thistledown pillows


As a follow-on from my 'Foraging' post, here are the first little pillows I've made using the thistledown. I have to say it works a treat, and I thoroughly recommend it as a stuffing filler, though you do need quite a lot as it squashes down. I went collecting again on Friday, but it is now really past its best after the rain last week. 



I've had this threadbare patchwork quilt for ages, but decided to rescue what patches I could from it to make the front designs on these. Unpicking each patch and then re-stitching them together by hand was a bit of a labour of love, but I got a lot of satisfaction from saving even the tiniest piece that didn't have a hole in it! The scrappy bits of quilt left won't get thrown away though; I shall use them to decorate labels and business cards.



I really enjoyed taking part in the first Decorative Living Fair last wednesday, and a huge thank you to everyone who visited my stand. I only saw a small portion of all the loveliness that was on sale in the Chelsea Town Hall, but I could easily have spent a fortune!



I met the lovely Lucy from "Love Lane Vintage' with her beautiful handmade clothes, and she asked if I would like to take part in her fairs. So along with the Eridge Fair in May I think a business trip/come holiday in my van to Sussex will be on the cards.......already looking forward to next year!


10 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful pillows. Glad you are coming to lovely Sussex next year - I shall come and say hello. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your stand was absolutely beautiful and could have rummaged through it for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cushions are beautiful, such subtle colours and the stand looks great, wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cushions especially the one in the second picture, the little heart is ever so cute, xxPS Have you had time to sort out any initialled tapes yet? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those delightful little cushions! I am thinking I need to make some of these - with the lovely fabric and quilt pieces I bought form you! I still have a little pile which needs using up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loove to visit your blog :) always
    My dear friend I´m making a giveaway join in and make me a visit ...
    Hugs
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to make some too, but could never get this special look your stitched things have, just so genteel and fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful stitched cushions, I am making good use of the little pack of loveliness I bought from you, Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, that's it, i'm moving to england again. most of my favorite fabric artists are there, christine, viv, carolyn saxby, cathy cullis, mandy patullo and now you. AND you live in Cornwall, my favorite vacation spot ever together with Vichuquen in Chile. Sending creative hugs.

    ReplyDelete