Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Monday 11 November 2013

Christmas Fairs!



Hello! Sorry it's been a while....I've been making like mad for the three Christmas Fairs I've got coming up (see side bar), the first of which is this weekend, 15th, 16th and 17th November. Cowslip Workshops near Launceston, Cornwall is the venue, and Jo Colwill the organiser always makes the farm look so festive with lights and trees and decorations. There will be all sorts of handmade crafts and textiles on sale from many different exhibitors in the farm barns and outbuildings. On the Friday the Fair begins at 11am and stays open till 8pm, so why not come after dark and soak in the Christmassy atmosphere? The cafe will also be open 11am - 8pm with delicious hot food and drink so that you can enjoy your visit to the full. If you're not keen on crowds then I would recommend you visit on the Saturday or Sunday, as Friday is always very, very busy! Saturday opening is 10am - 4.30pm and Sunday 10am - 3.30pm.


I've made these angels each with a different silk or lace petticoat, and a little bit of glitter to sparkle




Also chandelier drop decorations with lots of diamante and pearls to catch the Christmas candlelight,




and garlands with little wooden snowflakes, beads and crystal drops.....the wire allows you to bend these garlands around whatever you choose. You can drape them across a mirror or window, or simply hang them vertically from a hook. The beads will slowly rotate in the air and catch the light. Alternatively arrange one around a candle or flower arrangement for a simple table decoration.


I don't know about you, but I love it when the nights start drawing in and you begin to craft in preparation for Christmas.
Hope you like my latest makes, and maybe I shall see you at one of the Fairs - hope so! x x x


6 comments:

  1. .Ooh they are so lovely, but why call them DECS C hristine your work deserves the full word!.Sound like a teacher dont I.See you on FridayXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point taken Angelica, I have changed the spelling! Look forward to seeing you Friday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These angels are absolutely beautiful, I'm hoping to time my last visit before Christmas to my parents-laws in Chipping Sodbury to tie in with the fair this year, so hope you will have some there. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, your craft fair items are stunning!!!! I hope they did really well!!

    Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine, your chandelier drop decorations are really beautiful! Do you sell them online?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete