Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Selvedge at Charleston!

I am very excited because this Saturday I shall be attending the Selvedge Magazine Textile Fair at Charleston Farmhouse in East Sussex! I've never been to a Selvedge Fair before and only visited Charleston once a couple of years ago. I absolutely loved the interior of Charleston and can't wait to see it again. This summer Mum and I were going through some papers belonging to my great uncle Edward Morland Lewis, an artist who trained under Sir Walter Sickert and later shared Sickert's painting studio in London. I suddenly noticed Duncan Grant's signature at the bottom of a handwritten letter; it was a letter of personal recommendation by Grant of Lewis as an excellent painting tutor; so the two were obviously acquainted! My great uncle may well have been a house guest at Charleston; I wish I had had the chance to talk with him, but he died of tuberculosis in North Africa during WW11, aged only 40.

Talking of fairs, it is not long now till Homespun returns to Portscatho on 22nd October! Loads of gorgeous vintage goodies on offer and of course delicious homemade cakes and pasties in the pop-up tearoom. We are hoping there will be lots of visitors down for the half-term holiday. Click here for more info.
Have a great weekend everybody! xxx

4 comments:

  1. It always means such a joy to visit you here dearest Christine, thank you !

    Sending hugs and ever much love to you

    XOXO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really you blog have very interesting and very valuable information about the real mermaid well done.
    В Израиле нашли настоящую русалку

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really want to get some more detail and information about the real mermaid but your blog helped me so much thank you for sharing it.

    В Израиле нашли настоящую русалку

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting blog and I really like your work and must appreciate you work for the ты права nice work.
    ты права

    ReplyDelete