Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Sunday 15 March 2020

 It's finished! I feel like I have been painting with wool....
 When Angelica saw it she said, 'Oh it's the colours of Cornwall!' and she's right -  the ocean depths, the tidal pools, the craggy cliffs, the lichen crevices, the sandy coves....
I have used all different weights of yarn, some wool, some cotton; two strands together if they are very fine, which has resulted in a gently undulating effect not unlike the contours of a landscape, which quietly pleases me. I made plenty of mistakes along the way, and had to unpick parts several times over, but I think I shall carry on knitting for the rest of my life, now that I have re-ignited the bug (I'm already planning the next one!)
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine- I like the Vest you have made- very clever mix of color. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS after 25 years?? I can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete