Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Sunday 7 September 2014


So after an absence of two years I am back running 'The Sea Garden' again.....It still feels a little strange being back in the shop, but the welcome I have received from both villagers and visitors over the last few days has been quite overwhelming - thank you!







I bought this Victorian dress in the summer especially to put in the shop window. I thought I would try it on for fun and to my surprise it fitted like a glove. My friend Jan took a couple of photos of me wearing it....


So you never know, you might see me in it in the shop sometimes!

The Sea Garden, Portscatho, South Cornwall
Open every afternoon during September
1 - 5.30pm

except for the following dates: 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 30th September when I will be attending fairs.

14 comments:

  1. So wonderful. Oh how I wish I could visit Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress. you look fab in it.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and how amazing that you can fit into the dress - you must be very slim.
    I look forward to reading your posts and seeing what lovely things you have in your shop.
    Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does it feel like wearing the dress Christine? it looks really good and your hair fits a treat.
    I am pleased you are back home, do you plan to stay or will you be on your travels again soon x
    Hugs Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!
    Lovely dress.
    Oh how I wish I could visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! So glad you are back - post often! I am still enjoying using the quilt and fabric pieces I purchased from you! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress and it looks like it was made for you. Perhaps from a former life?
    Best of luck with the shop. I'm sure you've no shortage of treasures to sell there.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, I look forward to seeing more photo's of the shop, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. O Christine you look as if you have wandered off the pages of a novel by Thomas Hardy,
    Its the most perfect dress and your hair style is such a wonderful touch. The shop looks divine.
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks beautiful Christine. And how perfect you look in that dress.
    I love all of your shell cards and so regret not being able to bring on of the large shell collages back to New York with us.
    Determined to figure out a way to do it next May.
    Best of luck with the shop!
    xxx Warm regards, Mara

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you are back in your lovely shop. I used to visit every year but haven't made it to Cornwall recently. How nice to be welcomed back by the locals too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so wonderful in your Victorian gown, Christine, ... oh, how much I wish I could visit you in your shop !!
    Sending much love and thanks ♡
    xox
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks as if it was made for you. Everything looks lovely in the shop, hoping it all goes well again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool dress, cheers from New Zealand. Marie

    ReplyDelete