Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Preparations....




I am busy preparing for my next trip in the van, firstly up to the Cotswolds for the Cotswolds Vintage Fair on Saturday 16th (see side bar), and then down to West Sussex for 'The Summer Brocante' at Wisborough Green on Saturday 23rd August, both of which I am very much looking forward to. And I shall have a week in-between to explore a little bit more of the country! I especially love the area around Broadway, just a few miles from Toddington where the Cotswolds Vintage Fair takes place. Snowshill Manor is a must (surely the most fascinating house anywhere), and the gardens of Kiftsgate and Hidcote as well as all those beautiful cottages and the rolling Cotswold hills....


So I thought I would show you a taster of what will be on my stall: new 'Packs of Inspiration' above; some of which contain blank cards with envelopes so that you can enjoy making your own cards...... 
Little tins containing a mixture of mother-of-pearl buttons, vintage beads, freshwater pearls and Swarovski crystal......


and a charm necklace assembled from an old key and some vintage buttons and beads.




New butterfly cards.....



There will be quite a selection of lace for sale, both machine-made and hand-done, ranging from fine lace trims to larger net pieces.




Cards depicting old clothes patterns from the 40's, 50's and 60's, ornamented with a swatch of vintage fabric and a button.




Old French paper roses, presented with a hand-made label, make a simple and romantic gift.


I do hope to meet some of you at either one of the two fairs....for more info just click on the pictures on the sidebar and see below.
xxx



Lucy Haywood of 'Love Lane Vintage' presents 'The Summer Brocante'
75 hand-picked exhibitors selling a wonderful array of country antiques, textiles, homewares and hand-made treasures

11am - 5pm
Plenty of parking
Wisborough Green, West Sussex


Entrance £4



There will be a cricket match on the village green and summer lunches served alongside hedgerow inspired cocktails and real ales.....a taste of England at its best (could we just order some nice sunshine too please?)







4 comments:

  1. How truly excited I would be to come and visit you at both fairs !!!
    Here in Italy they don't put so much attention on vintage fairs, alas, but in England it has remained a charming way to remember and keep alive the most lovely and romantic things of our past ... anyway, I certainly wouldn't be able to decide ... I love your butterflies postcards, your old paper roses, and your old laces, I'm so passionate with them !!!!
    Thank you so much dear Christine for these so precious moments you allow me to live here !
    Have a wonderful day and ... I wish you all the best for your fairs, they'll be surely a success :)

    With love and admiration
    xox
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely things! If only I lived in England...

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visited your lovely stall on Saturday at Wisborough Green, you have some lovely things....I wanted to buy it all...so nostalgic takes me places I see only in my mind. Sharon

    ReplyDelete