Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Monday 23 January 2017


 Over the last couple of weekends I have been making new arrangements in the shop; it's nice after the removal of all the Christmas paraphernalia to get some fresh Spring colours going on. Alongside the old glass bottles with the vintage flowers sit simple bracelets and necklaces, fashioned from beads made from recycled wine bottles, in beautiful sea greens and blues.



There's a bit of a 1920's theme going on in the front window, with Patsy's handmade books and  bunting, and my fabric-scrap cards with sepia photos.



 There are drawers full of colourful ribbons, packs of fabrics and Suffolk Puffs.....

 I love this time of year because it gives me a chance to re-energise my batteries, and develop new ideas. I've just treated myself to a new sewing machine which can do all kinds of pretty stitches, so that could take my work in a different direction. Manning the shop only at weekends means I can fully immerse myself in creativity, and spend more time with J, who is playing his guitar beside me as I write.
I've noticed that blogging seems to have gone a bit out of favour lately, and Instagram is the new go-to medium of choice for posting pictures, but I shall continue to write my blog dear friends in the hope that you will carry on reading. I just don't relate to all this need for instant gratification and interaction. I know doing a blog post takes time, but I guess I'm just one of those that prefers to live life in the slow lane.....
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Love it all - do keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you say you'll continue writing your blog! I just found it, and enjoy your posts. Thank you for taking the time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful displays, wish I lived nearer....
    I stopped blogging but, re-started recently.
    How is Gertie by the way? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes please please please continue with your blogging. So many stops and it is so sad. I LOVE your blog so much. So please keep on going.
    Hugs from Lina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a feeling that blogging is having a small revival. I myself have returned to it after many months. Photographs are OK but I want to know the people as well. Te shop does look a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine

    I am totally with you, blogging is effort on the bloggers part, but people still love to read and interact and I for one will keep reading your blogs and I will keep writing mine too...

    People will always love to read sentences more that hashtags so please lets keep going ....
    Happy New Year and await to catch up with you on the vintage fair circuit this year again.

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shop looks lovely and I too wish I lived a bit nearer. There aren't that many of the blogs on my reading list that still post so it's good to catch up with those that like me still do. Hope 2017 is happy and rewarding for you. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive always followed your blog...i love your shop and wonderful vintage inpsired makes...ive come back to blogging after a short break, i used to be called 'country rabbit' but my new blog is saltypebble x kazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is a delight to read and the photos eye candy! I bought a vintage patchwork heart from your wonderful shop last summer and it is a lovely reminder of a family holiday in Cornwall x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog and loves blogs in general better than fb or instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please keep blogging, I really look forward to your lovely posts and photos.

    ReplyDelete