Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Duchy Nursery


Today I decided to go to Lostwithiel to have a mooch around the antique shops, and then for lunch I took the short drive up to the Duchy of Cornwall nursery. The indoor cafe was full, but there were a few tables set up in part of the greenhouse, and I actually prefer to sit in there amongst all the interesting pots and plants. 
 This little robin was singing his heart out and hopping around the tables looking for titbits.
 They really do display the plants beautifully at this nursery, with imaginative use of antique props and a plethora of nice quality pots and planters.




 My particular interest is in cacti and succulents, so this display really caught my eye.
 Aren't the little ceramic pots lovely?

 And yes, one of these did come home with me......

 Afterwards I took a walk from nearby Respryn Bridge up to Lanhydrock House. The sun on the beech tree avenue was magical.
 I collected some twigs from a dead oak tree; these will come in useful for wreath-making.
 Then down to the banks of the fast-flowing River Fowey and a leisurely stroll back to the van, and home.
xxx

6 comments:

  1. That looks lovely. Beautiful little robin, my fav bird :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we only went there a few weeks back~ i love the atmosphere of the place and cafe/nursery also we often walk at lanhydrock down by the river and up towards the station to see the old steam trains ;) wonderful places ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super post, just wish the Duchy nursery was close to here. Having recently moved to the coast and without a garden to speak of I was given garden vouchers for Christmas! I think I will blow the lot of a large cactus, trouble is where to find one? I am just off to see if the Duchy nursery does email orders? I will call again.

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever work and exposure! Keep up the terrific works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.
    vertical electric radiators wall mounted

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eye for composition in photography is amazing!

    ReplyDelete