Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Friday 7 December 2018

Christmas Preparations

 I could quite happily sit and make Christmas wreaths all day long! On Tuesday I went to the woods at Respryn and found the most amazing branches of oak and larch all smothered in gorgeous lichen. Everything soaking wet though,  so my kitchen is now full of twigs drying out. The berries are artificial, but everything else is in the wreath is natural and will last for years.
 (In case you are wondering - I only collect branches/twigs/cones which have fallen on the ground so no trees are damaged)
 For this wreath I cut out oak leaves from gold paper and old documents, and combined them with beads and real acorn cups which have been filled with little felted wool 'acorns'.
 I took some beautiful 'Paperwhite' narcissi down to the shop today and their scent soon filled the air. It's so nice to have something living in amongst the shop display. The bulbs in the glass container are simply placed on top of pebbles which provide an anchor for the roots without the need for soil. The lovely bouquet beside was brought to me by Amanda, so twice the delight!



I hope your Christmas preparations are going well my friends xxx

7 comments:

  1. I love your natural wreaths! What a wonderful shop you have. How I'd love to have a look around in person. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now I found the Christmas spirit. Just a look at your wonderful blog. Thanks for the sweet pictures. Always so wonderful. Wishing you a blessed Christmas.
    Hugs from Lina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine- your wreaths with branches,twigs and pine cones are very clever- well done. All the best for Christmas and the Festive Season- very much looking forward to Christmas Eve - hoping that it will not be 40 Degrees Celcius on Christmas Day. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can verify that your wreathes last,mine is three years old at least and still beautiful.the shop looks lovelyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These wreaths are absolutely popular with girls. I like them very much. Your handicraft is wonderful,
    creative and environmentally friendly. I'm also preparing for Christmas.
    red evening dresses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice Blog I Have Read Your Blog It Is Really Interesting And Useful.
    image masking service

    ReplyDelete