Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Tuesday 14 September 2010

♫ Erik Satie - Gymnopédie No.1 ♫


As a child I used to love looking through my parents' record collection, and Erik Satie's Gymnopedie No 1 was one of those first pieces of music that stuck in my mind as being particularly special. I would listen to it over and over again. The particular version on my parents' record was an orchestrated one, but here is the piece as it was originally written for solo piano. It remains to this day probably my most favourite piece of music of all time; deceptively simple and hauntingly beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful, all this great music.
    and thanks to you, this particular one will soon be playing in my house.
    Thanks for these!
    xx
    Julie

    ReplyDelete