Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Coastal Living


Sorry for my absence of late dear friends, but in early January I moved into a new home which as yet does not have a phone line connected, and hence no internet either. I can only read emails and post on my blog when staying with J, and this is my first trip up to Calstock since moving. My new home is on a working farm only 5 minutes drive from Portscatho, on the Roseland peninsula of Cornwall. I have never lived this close to the sea before, and I can walk to the nearest beach, Pendower, in about 12 minutes.......first I cross the busy main road, then a couple of stiles through two fields of sheep (the sight of two new-born lambs last week brought a smile to my face), and then this view of Pendower opens up before you.....ah such a glorious vista!



Steep steps take you down to the beach itself, and at low tide there is about half a mile of sand to walk along.....


I can walk here every day if I choose to......how lucky am I? (I still have to pinch myself every time I see that view of the bay)


Happy days of beach combing and swimming await.....
x x x

11 comments:

  1. It is breathtaking. I love that you walk everywhere. I am so happy for your new home. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've discovered this charming blog a few hours ago and I couldn't do anything but follow it and I'm glad more and more of it, this corner is simply wonderful, thank you for such beauty !
    I wish you a lovely day in this enchanted land !!!
    Daniela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks idyllic hope it still does after the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Pendower beach...if you walk through the car park and follow the footpath through the woods to Melinsey Mill! ( about 20 mins ) lucky girl
    Thea xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely stunning, I'm so happy for you. I would love to live so near to such a beautiful stretch of coast, you are very lucky. I do hope you are very happy in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this does my heart good, I grew up in Cornwall, though not so close to the sea! Happy new home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you every happiness in your new (perfectly you!) home, Christine...May you spend many happy years there with much beach-combing! :)
    Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thrilling to be so close to the sea. What wonderful walks in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new home! Just got done reading up on your blog and had a quick question. I was hoping that you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks!

    Emily : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, What was your question? Email me direct at theseagarden@btinternet.com
      Christine x

      Delete

  10. This is an intresting blog that you have posted, you shares a lot of things about Luxury beach houses, Cottages Sussex Coast and Seaside Luxury. Which are very informative for us.Thanks

    ReplyDelete