Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Sunday 31 May 2015

End of Spring...


As it's the 31st May, I suppose today's the day we wave goodbye to Spring. I picked a bucketful of wildflowers from the hedgerow to stand outside the shop; Cow Parsley, Green Alkanet, grasses, Red Campions and Comfrey. May has always been my favourite month simply because of the beauty of the roadside flowers here.

Cat Rowe came to deliver some of her lovely cards and fabric brooches. 


I'm afraid one of these flower brooches made it's way straight onto my dungarees; it perfectly matched the colours I was wearing!

The shop seems to be full of flowers at the moment.....

Pretty fitted cot sheets and pillowcases made in Portscatho by Wendy Bernthal are part of her 'Leonard and Primrose' range of baby clothes and accessories, using lovely Liberty cottons.



Also new are these pretty hair grips by hat designer Gil Fox, and brooches of tiny velvet violets.



 One of my latest cushions on top of a selection of floral vintage fabrics.

Hope you've enjoyed a little peep into the shop today; 
Goodbye May, hello Summer! xxx

6 comments:

  1. A whole feast of lovely pictures and beautiful products.
    Wished you were closer xx
    Hugs Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Summer indeed Christine! your shop looks wonderful and it is my intent this summer to make the journey to visit..... Have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see all the goodies in your shop. It is like an Aladdins cave. What fun you must have gathering it all together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there - lovely things in your post as usual. what are the little 'rosebuds for love' - are they little cards/notebooks ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alchamillamolly,
      The 'Rosebuds for Love' was one of a series of tiny books with quotations from poetry on different subjects: Love, Wisdom, Friendship etc. All sold now I'm afraid. Thanks for your comment!
      Christine x

      Delete
  5. A whole page of beautiful things, I really must get over to your shop soon!

    ReplyDelete