Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Wednesday 21 March 2018


 Since Christmas I have been doing lots of dying; lots and lots of it! Bits of lace trim, Broderie Anglaise, Suffolk Puffs, Irish crochet, linen sheets, pieces of quilted bedcover, silk ribbons, old tablecloths, French linen smocks, petticoats; you name it, it's all got thrown in together.
The clothes, tablecloths and some of the larger linen pieces will be sold as they are, but with all of the smaller offcuts, ribbons, and lace trims etc I have been putting together little selection bundles......



 Priced between £5 and £15 pounds they make a lovely gift for any textile enthusiast who loves to sew little projects.

This afternoon I will be re-arranging the shop ready for Easter, with new Spring cushions,
 lovely linens,
and pretty pearl jewellery.

Upstairs I have created a comfortable dressing area where you can try on our ever-expanding range of interesting clothes; a mixture of second-hand pieces, dyed French linen smocks, vintage petticoats and hand-printed Indian indigo cottons.

6 comments:

  1. You have such a good eye for putting things together in a beautiful way. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh absolutely mouthwateringly scrumptiousxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't suppose you'd consider shipping something to the US? I love your little bundles of cut-offs. Such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia,
      Please email me and we can discuss what you would like me to send to you:
      theseagarden@btinternet.com

      Delete
  4. I have just been looking through your delightful blog and it reminds me of your shop which I always visit when I am in St. Mawes. That won't be happening this year so I will go and look at the pretty things I have bought from you over the years. Hope to see you again next year - your Mum's garden looks charming - Julia

    ReplyDelete