Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Sorry I didn't get a chance to blog again before Christmas, but I hope you have all had a lovely festive few days. I really appreciated spending two days just relaxing with Mum and Dad, with no pressure to do anything but help cook the dinner and then eat it!

Mum had gone for a white, silver and glass theme on her tree this year, with white candles

and these traditional German straw stars.

There's nothing nicer than sitting by a real log fire is there?

Portscatho is looking very festive at the moment, so one bitterly cold evening last week after I'd closed the shop I took a wander round the village to show you the Christmas lights......

This tiny cottage on the Lugger always goes to town with loads of flashing lights in all colours and designs!

The winking snowman!

Just opposite my shop are two lovely galleries: The Harbour Gallery and Spindrift Gallery.

Cynthia Greenslade who runs Spindrift is herself a practising artist and always has a beautiful selection of jewellery, ceramics, glassware and paintings on display.



This is the view down the road leading to The Sea Garden.......

and the shop itself.


Here's a random selection of what's on sale at the moment............



An amazing doll from the 1870's with moveable wooden joints, and several recycled notebooks fashioned from vintage hardback books, with original illustrations retained.






These gorgeous hand-made porcelain buttons are by Amanda Mercer.

I put flower lights up round my bed-head last Christmas, and then couldn't bear to take them down again, so they remain up all year long now. It makes going to bed even more of a pleasure. Go on, put some lights up round your bed - you feel like a princess!

Best wishes to all of you friends for a very happy and fulfilling year ahead; your company as I have progressed on my journey as a new blogger has been inspirational - thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I enjoyed my virtual visit to Portscatho! Thank you. Glad you had a good Christmas. Unusually, I closed for four whole days! all the best for 2011.
    Love Lesley XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a very happy and creative New Year, Christine. Your photos are beautiful and I have so enjoyed reading your blog this year. Karen X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved my stroll down the streets, sitting in front of the fire, and looking at your Mum's gorgeously simple and elegant Christmas tree. I think I got a peek at why you are so creative!

    Love it all. Sending blessings for the new year,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine
    Thank you for the tour of the village looking so festive and jolly :-)
    As I sit here, I'm wearing jewellery that we bought in your shop a few years ago and every time I wear it I'm reminded of the beautiful Sea Garden shop and the enchanting village. That makes me smile a great deal !
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year and a year full of creativity, expression and adventure,
    Happy days to you,
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. my heart skips abeat when i see a new posting..we are here sweltering in 40 degree heat!...in my other world i would love to live in portscatho..thank u soo much for the virtual visit ..loved every nano second..off to have another look..oh ...and a happy and prosperous new year ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Christine, I hope it is a fabulous one for you. I love the pictures of your home and shop
    Hugs Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete