Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Monday 15 December 2014

A little Festive cheer!



For the first time I decided to have a real Christmas tree in the shop this year.....

I've really enjoyed decorating it. I seem to have a bit of a bird theme going on, with white china birds which clip onto the tops of branches, and several varieties of glass birds hanging alongside the usual assortment of glass angels. I love the way the lights sparkle off the glass, especially when it gets dark outside. Banishing the cold and wet and dismal winter days, just for a while.
(Antique French bridal crown: £95)


(Vintage map bunting: £16.50)





 (My handmade paper and lace angels: £12.50)


The latest selection of 'Jars of Inspiration', in beautiful vintage heavy cut-glass preserve jars.



 (Large buff handmade gift labels: £2 each)


I have been experiencing major problems with my broadband lately, not being able to send/receive emails, update the blog etc, and I can't load up anything new onto my web shop page, extremely frustrating!!!! (I'm using someone else's internet signal to write this......) Why oh why does my broadband fluctuate so much - one week working perfectly well, the next so slow I just give up trying? Apologies for the rant......The worst thing was I couldn't watch 'Strictly' on iPlayer! Am very much hoping things will be back to normal in time for the Grand Final on Saturday; I'm rooting for Caroline to win, how about you?
 xxx

10 comments:

  1. I love your jars of inspiration! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so pretty! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks wonderful. I love the little reindeer
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the loveliest pictures of shop items I have seen on the internet for a long time. Hope you get to see the final of Strictly - we love Caroline as well! Have a lovely Xmas. I think I recognise the little patchwork pictures as a lady from Lincolnshire but I cant remember her name??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alchamillamolly,
      Thank you for your kind comment. I have just finished watching Strictly - a day late - my broadband still not working! What a final! I cried all the way through Caroline's showdance it was so beautiful. You are right in identifying the lady from Lincolnshire who makes the exquisite stitched cards and pictures; her name is Helen Drewett.

      Delete
  5. so many beautiful treasures and such a lovely festive tree~ merry christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely and cozy Christmas atmosphere we can breathe in your shop, thanks to your photograps, my sweet Christine !
    Thank you so very much, happy weekend my dear frend
    With love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Christine , i have to say im totally LOVING your blog your shabby chic Labels are super cool. ive just followed you on here and your facebok page. If you have time could you have a look & follow my new blog site http://lbotatb.blogspot.co.uk/. Each week Ill be posting reviews or craft fairs & museums, Crafts made by me and others, competitions and much more. you can also follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LBOTAT :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw your tags on craftgossip they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete